Stay cool this summer with help from HEAP!
The Ironton & Lawrence County Area CAO will be starting the Summer Crisis Program on July 1, 2017. The agency can assist with your cooling cost through a one-time payment to your utility company or may be able to provide an air conditioner/fan. If you are a homeowner you may be eligible for assistance paying for central air conditioning repairs. Customers who are currently on PIPP Plus (or have been) are not eligible for monetary assistance. PIPP Plus customers may receive an air conditioner/fan as long as they are current with PIPP Plus installments and have not received one in the last three years.
In order to process your application quickly and efficiently please be prepared to provide all needed documents. Keep in mind that other requirements may be asked of you. This cuts down on the time spent in the interview process and return visits. The necessary documents are as follows:
- Past 90 days of income for household members 18 and older (wages, social security, etc.)
- If your source of income is provided by a non-household member then you must have astatement from the source of support stating how much/how often and whether it is a gift/loan/paid to creditors directly (Must provide a name and phone number for this person)
- If you attend college an award letter showing tuition, grants, and scholarships amounts for the most recent semester/quarter
- If the entire household is claiming “no income”, odd jobs, or other income then an IRS Tax Transcript may be requested. You can contact the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 or visit the website at: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- Proof from Job and Family Services, Cash Assistance, Child Support, and Food Stamps
- Photo ID
- Electric bill with account #
- Heating bill/Bulk fuel account #
- Birth dates and Social Security cards for each household member
- Proof of Citizenship or legal resident for all household members example: birth certificate, voter registration card, military service record, etc.
- If you are a disabled client please provide documentation of disability.
The HEAP Department is located in the Ohio Means Jobs building at 120 North 3rd Street Ironton, Ohio. You will be able to schedule an appointment beginning on June 26, 2017 for the Summer Crisis Program. To schedule an appointment call (740)-532-3140 choose Option 1. Please have all utility/vendor account numbers ready to include in your message. Questions should be addressed to (740)-532-3140 Ext. 1219.
Please be advised if you are 15 minutes late for your appointment, you will have to reschedule. This may affect your disconnect date and you may be disconnected. All applicants are to arrive 15 minutes early in order to begin new procedure process. There will also be emergency walk-ins beginning at 8:00am. The requirements for walk-ins are strict. Below are the 2017-2018 income guidelines.
2017-2018 income guidelines
For households with more than five members, add $6,270 per member for 150% PIPP or $7,315.00 per member for 175% HEAP & SCP.
You may park on 2nd street or in the back parking lot.